Robert W. Hite Treatment Facility
2018 Gold Awards
For 100 Percent Compliance with
Industrial Pretreatment Requirements
a Dedicated Commitment to
May 8, 2019
Ball Metal Beverage Container Corp. Ball Metal Beverage Container Corp., located at 4525 Indiana Street, Golden, Colorado, is in the North Table Mountain Water and Sanitation District. The facility employs 360 dedicated employees producing containers for the beverage industry. This facility, which was the first of Ball’s metal beverage container plants, started operations in 1962 as Jeffco Manufacturing Company. Today, Ball Corporation is the largest producer of beverage cans in the world and has its corporate office in Broomfield, Colorado. Ball Metal has four can manufacturing lines and uses aluminum coil stock to produce high quality 8- and 12-ounce specialty sleek cans, 12- and 24-ounce cans, and 16-ounce aluminum bottles. The plant also manufactures ends on four state-of-the art end modules as well as has a CapCan line, which produces caps and domes. Aluminum cans are printed at speeds reaching 1 ,800 cans per minute per line. Ends are produced at speeds of up to 3,000 per minute for each press and 9,000 ends per minute for each end module. Pollution prevention activities: Ball Metal’s pollution prevention and waste minimization efforts include: installation of a regenerative thermal oxidizer to destroy organic compound emissions; reusing pallets, top frames and chipboard; and recycling coil pallets, coil cores, drums, aluminum, steel, copper, paper, wood products, solvents, and oils.
Water Remediation Technology
Water Remediation Technology received a Platinum Award for five consecutive years of 100% compliance. They are located at 16340 Table Mountain Parkway in Golden, Colorado. The facility currently employs five people and has been in business for 15 years. Water Remediation Technology produces a water treatment media called zeolite, which is used by municipalities for the purification of drinking water supplies. Zeolites are a group of naturally occurring minerals that have micro-porous structures and an inherent cation exchange capacity (CEC), which make them ideal for improving water quality by removing dissolved impurities such as heavy metal ions and radionuclides.
CoorsTek, located at 4545 McIntyre Street, Golden has been in business 108 years; 28 of those years at the McIntyre facility. CoorsTek employs 150 people. CoorsTek is the largest technical ceramics manufacturer in the world, with over 40 facilities in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. CoorsTek supplies critical components and complete assemblies for defense, medical, automotive, semiconductor, aerospace, electronics, power generation, telecommunication, and other high technology markets. Utilizing advanced material technologies, the company’s engineered solutions enable its customers to overcome technological barriers and improve performance. CoorsTek’s pollution prevention and waste minimization efforts include: Coolant Recycling; Product Substitution; Ceramic Recycling; Paper, Metal & Plastic Goods Recycling.
FORMATION OF THE DISTRICT
The following is taken from:
HISTORY OF THE NORTH TABLE MOUNTAIN WATER AND SANITATION DISTRICT
(edited for publishing to this web site.)
A group of interested parties associated with the Broadview Protective Association had several meetings in 1958 in regard to the formation of a new or expanded water district to provide water service to the area. Valley Water District, at that time, had approximately 500 taps and initially, annexation to that District was a consideration. Subsequently, after further review, the intent was to form a new special district called the North Table Mountain Water and Sanitation District.
Petitions were circulated outlining the proposed water supply and distribution system, the estimated cost of $600,000 for improvements, and a legal description of the proposed District. Petitions were signed by the required number of electors and presented to the District Court for the First Judicial District, Jefferson County, Colorado. An Order of the Court was entered on October 6, 1958, setting the date of October 30, 1958 as the election date for the formation of the District and election of directors.
Election results were 163 ballots for the organization of the District and 103 ballots against the organization of the District. Elected as Directors were E.C. Peabody, J. Bernard Trainor, Warren C. Payne, Fred J Schiemann and Frank S. Crane Jr.. Based on the election results, the District Court issued an Order and Decree creating the District November 5, 1958.
A petition was filed with the District Court by the Board of Directors on December 8, 1966, requesting a hearing to modify the purposes, proposed facilities and cost estimates for the District. Hearing on the petition was held on January 5, 1967. The provision of complete sanitary sewage collection, transmission, treatment and disposal was added to the purposes and to the improvements and an estimated cost of $900,000 for the proposed sewer improvements. The Order and Decree was approved by the District Court on January 5, 1967.